We may live in a disposable society, but unfortunately, the health risks associated with our trash will linger even after the trash is picked up. The trash bins that you wheel to the curbside each week have become the most unhygienic items in the home. While the nasty odor of a dirty bin is difficult to ignore, the health risks pose the greatest threat.
Unsanitary containers attract unwanted pests such as spiders, ants, bees, flies, roaches, and rodents.
- Rodents are attracted to the pungent, rotting smell and are known to carry the Hantavirus.
- Flies have been implicated in the transmission of at least 65 human and animal diseases and a dirty container is an ideal place for laying their maggot producing eggs.
- Bacteria such as Salmonella, Listeria, Staphylococcus, and E Coli
- Fecal Coliform from the fecal waste from dogs and diapers
- Food related molds and fungi
*To control both the health risks and the odor, Refresh Eco Wash sanitizes and deodorizes your trash containers on a monthly basis.
The Green Initiative – A Measurable Impact
- Utah is being challenged by the current water crisis and local HOAs, communities, water boards, and government are extremely concerned. Refresh Eco Wash assists communities with their compliance to Local, State, and Federal regulations like EPA-MS4 & Stormwater BMPs.
- Refresh Eco Wash wash cycle uses less than 2 gallons of water to thoroughly clean & sanitize each container. Less water is used in 2 years of your monthly cleanings than you would use cleaning your trash bins just one time.
- 100% of the water Refresh Eco Wash disposes of is reclaimed by the Water District, contrary to the water a homeowner uses that is often disposed of into the gutter, which drains directly into the ocean along with the cleaning agents, bacteria and debris.
- Refresh Eco Wash's cleaning process is automated and fully self-contained. No run off enters the storm drains.
- All products used throughout the trash can cleaning process are biodegradable.